Friday 30 May 2014

she knows what she wants

I'm off to the outlets this weekend in my semi-annual trip across the border. Dad and I have inventoried clothes at his home and mine, and now I have a long list of summer clothes the girls need.

I sent The Bean an email asking what colours or types of clothes she wanted. This is the response I got:

In terms of colours, I won't like something neon or grey. A black and white tank for example, would be good. But not a crop top. Even if I have an undershirt under it, I don't want one. I'm just warning you that there might be a lot in the store. They're in style. And for the sundresses, please let them be just to my knees. No shorter, no longer. One maxi dress is enough. And I don't want anything with vertical stripes. For the swim suits, no stripes; I have enough of those. Unless they're diagonal stripes. That's okay. Oh yeah. And please match the bathing suits to the swim shirts. Thank you. I know I'm picky, but there's a lot of things I won't wear. And I don't like most stuff in style. It's ugly. 

I love the combination of self-awareness of what she wants and the slight condescension that is starting to emerge - telling me what is in style nowadays, and all. I'm wondering what stores she thinks I'm going to?

No comments:

Post a Comment